Advanced Certificate in Rooftop Solar Professionals
The robust growth of the Indian solar rooftop market can be attributed to the government's initiative of installing 40GW of solar energy capacity by 2022. Building smart cities is also contributing to the growth of the market. The industry exhibited an increase in solar rooftop capacity addition from 38 MW in 2012 to 3855 MW in 2019, expanding at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of ~116% during the (2019-2024) period.
Institute of Solar Technology offering certificate in rooftop solar system course to equipped you a strong knowledge to understand of Basic concepts of Rooftop solar power plant, Efficient working at every stage of safety, designing, installation, pre-and post-commissioning, O&M, understand Certification & National level policies of Rooftop SPV plants.
Live Interactive Classes::
IST Live Interactive Class, where students and teachers meet together at schedule class time with whiteboard, voice and live video, Lectures and Question answer occur at the same hour.
Our expert faculty members take session on each paper that is delivered through live sessions. These sessions are joined by students from India and Abroad. Trainers will discuss in each class session about Key concepts, whiteboard calculation, design, costing, documentation, case studies and real life examples. Students also get chance to clarify their doubts / academic clarifications. If by any chance you miss these live classes, don't worry, each class recorded sessions are uploaded in the IST E-Library/LMS.
We know that only theoretical knowledge by online or virtual classes are not sufficient to get full expertise. An individual needs a practical exposure to flourish in a Job or business market.
So we offer practical session at IST Power plant after completion of live interactive online classroom session .In this approach a trainees can fulfill his/her knowledge in a very effective way and time.
We offer project-based blended learning experiences that promote academic and career success for Technical Education.
1. Installer Personal Safety awareness and practice
2. Solar Resource Assessment
3. Installation Location Selection
4. Rooftop PV Solar Plant Panel Installation
5. Inverter Installation
6. AC DC line Electrical Connection
7. Plant Switch on
8. Plant Shutdown
9. Plant Operations and Maintenance (O&M)
10. Customer safety Guide
Teaching and Learning Material
IST have dedicated online library (IST E-Library) facility for students and stored all Learning Material (E-book, class recording, business releated documents) at IST E-Library.
IST E Library System provides access to more than 100 + e-books covering all fields of knowledge, e.g. BOS,PV Cell, System Design, O&M, Installation, Project Management etc and also we have a huge collection of national and international journals, case studies, research papers.Student can access this E-library for self study.
For Entrepreneurs, Startups:
Minimum Educational Qualifications: 12th Pass
Minimum age 18 years, No Upper Age bar
Dedicated Service Desk for Startups - EDP Desk
"Ringfenced resource to support your business".
GATE Trust dedicated service desk will provide you with access to a group of engineers, advisors to supporting you and your business needs.
Certificate will be Awarded by
Institute of Solar Technology, A Unit of Global Advanced Training & Educational Trust, Regd. under NCT New Delhi, Govt. of India
Rooftop solar projects, a good business opportunityBusinesses are shifting towards responsible conduct by incorporating sustainable development and reducing energy costs. "Grid connected rooftop solar power offers a major business opportunity" said Tarun Kapoor, Joint Secretary, Ministry of New and Renewable Energy.
The Ministry of New & Renewable Energy on 21st Jan, 2022 said households are free to get rooftop solar panel installed by themselves or by any vendor of their choice and a photograph of the installed system for distribution utility is sufficient to avail benefits or subsidy under the government scheme.
Households free to install rooftop solar by any vendor under govt scheme - MNRE
The Discom will ensure that the net metering will be provided within 15 days.
Learn about business opportunities in Residential, Public Sector, Commercial and Industry, how you will prepare your technical team to fulfill customer requirement.
- Global and Indian Energy Scenario
- Solar PV forecast 2040
- net-zero CO₂ emissions in 2050
- India's rooftop solar market
- State Energy Policy,
Basic of Electricity – this unit mainly for those who are coming from non-technical background.
- Basics of electricity
- Types of energy
- Basics of electricity - Electricity, Current, Voltage
- Resistance, Inductor, Capacitor
- Ohm's Law, Measurement Units, Power, Energy
- Insulators and Conductors
- DC power, AC Power, Electrical Term
- Electric Circuit - Short Circuit, Open Circuit, Series circuit
- Parallel Circuit, Mixed Circuit
- Identification, Selection and Measuring Instrument
- Cable and Wire
- Color coding of wires, Solar Cable
- Measuring AC/DC Voltage, Current, Resistance, Continuity
A brief discussion of PV Cell technology, PV Module/Panel, Technical Specification, Best Module selection.
- Physic of Photovoltaic System
- Semiconductor, Silicon Semiconductor
- Phosphorus, Boron, N-type Silicon, P-type Silicon
- Formation of Solar Cell, p-n junctions
- PV Cell to PV Module Formation
- Modules combination - Series & Parallel combination
- Module Circuit
- Design of PV Module - Front Surface, Encapsulate, Rear Surface, Frame
- Working Process of PV Module
- Photoelectric Effect, Photon's Energy
- Output of a Solar cell - DC Current, Voltage
- Technical Specification - Electrical Specification - STC
- Pmax, Vmp, Voc, Imp, Isc, Different Wp PV Module Datasheet
- Calculate OCPD, Module Fill Factor, Efficiency, Maximum System Voltage
- Series & Parallel Wiring, Maximum Series Fuse, Diodes in PV Array
- PV Module datasheet understanding
- Understanding PV Module technical parameters
- Voltage and Current variation
- Solar cell fill factor calculation
- Calculate Panel Efficiency
- Electrical Characteristics, Thermal Characteristics, Mechanical Characteristics
To develop solar power plant, solar resource assessment is very important to prepare energy generation prediction, return of investment calculation. Understand project site available solar resources and justify plant system, appropriate location, MMS angle and many more.
- Solar Resource
- Solar Irradiance, Insolation,
- Solar Radiation
- PSI, Sun Path
- Tilt Angle
- Solar Angle, Calculate Altitude Angle
- Azimuth Angle
- Calculate Optimum Tilt Angle
A brief discussion on all related equipment like MMS, AJB, Cable, Connectors, Battery, CC, Inverter etc.
- Balance of System
- AC Cables
- AC Distribution Boards
- AC Isolator
- Array Junction Boxes(AJB)
- Batteries (optional, usually found only in small rooftop plants)
- DC Cables
- DC Distribution Boards
- Earthling Kit
- Lightning Protection
- Surge Protection Devices
- Trackers (optional, usually found only in ground mounted plants) Single-axis Dual-axis
Optimum electric bill saving calculation, Rooftop Solar Project for Residential, Public Sector, Commercial and Industry customer. Learn from Institute of Solar Technology. You will become good Rooftop Solar Business Developer – 100% grantee.
- Understand Financial benefits for your customer
- Understand DISCOM electric charges
- Prepare Financial benefit
- Project 300% to 500% money increase from rooftop with less than 2 years ROI
- Rooftop Solar Power Plant Design and Costing
- Calculation of Rooftop System
- Energy generation calculation
- Site Selection at customer's house
- Equipment Selection & calculation
- System Costing
- Software Simulation
Off Grid, Hybrid, On Grid Net-metering rooftop solar power plant solar design and report generation using solar simulation software
- Rooftop Solar Power Plant Documentation
- Funding Model
- Loan Model
- Return of Investment (ROI) calculation
- Training & Documentation for your client
- Legal Aspects of Entrepreneurship, Intellectual property rights (IPR)
- MNRE Policy
- Business Model
- Installer Personal Safety awareness and practice
- Solar Resource Assessment
- Installation Location Selection
- Rooftop PV Solar Plant Panel Installation
- Inverter Installation
- AC DC line Electrical Connection
- Plant Switch on, Plant Shutdown
- Plant Operations and Maintenance (O&M)
- Customer safety Guide
Online Live Class Fees: Rs. 11,699/-
Discount on Live Class Fees = 10%
Pay Live class Fee Rs. 10529
Hands on Practical Fees: Rs. 2,999/
All Fees Excluding 18% GST
If you are interested to join at Practical session, we will inform you and pay Hands on Practical Fees at that time.
Pay Now Online Live Class Fees only.
Submit Registeration for this course:
- Submit Registration
- IST Admission cell will check form data and they will inform you to pay Course fees
- Deposit Course fees
- Admission cell will send your E-registration certificate and E-library access
- Training cell will send you class schedule
- Trainiers Team will send your class link
- Training cell inform you about practical session at the end of Online live class session
- Exam cell will conduct online examination and send E-Certificate, E-marksheet
- EDP Desk will provide business guide/support for you (https://edpdesk.gatetrust.org )