Lithium Battery Pack Assembly Unit Development
The growing importance of lithium batteries within the off-grid solar sector
India has introduced the Li-Rack battery, which is a medium-sized lithium-ion battery system made in India for multi-family houses, commercial applications, and projects with demanding storage needs.
Moreover, The off-grid solar industry is dominated by two different battery technologies. Lithium-based batteries are commonly used for smaller products, which have contributed to a larger part of the industry in terms of sales volume. Bigger products like solar home systems have historically been powered by lead-acid batteries, but this is quickly changing.
Lithium-ion Commonly referred to as ‘white gold’, becoming more ubiquitous in off-grid solar products are their substantial advantages in durability, cycle life, deep discharge capability, and efficiency in comparison to lead-acid and nickel-metal hydride batteries.
In most cases, lithium ion batteries are the best option for a solar panel system.
This is the first time that reserves of the metal used in certain car batteries has been found in Jammu and Kashmir. “No doubt now, that India’s future will be electrifying,"
The finding of the Lithium reserve in Jammu and Kashmir has the potential to change India's position in the world.
Live Interactive Classes::
IST Live Interactive Class, where students and teachers meet together at schedule class time with whiteboard, voice and live video, Lectures and Question answer occur at the same hour.
Our expert faculty members take session on each paper that is delivered through live sessions. These sessions are joined by students from India and Abroad. Trainers will discuss in each class session about Key concepts, whiteboard calculation, design, costing, documentation, case studies and real life examples. Students also get chance to clarify their doubts / academic clarifications. If by any chance you miss these live classes, don't worry, each class recorded sessions are uploaded in the IST E-Library/LMS.
We know that only theoretical knowledge by online or virtual classes are not sufficient to get full expertise. An individual needs a practical exposure to flourish in a Job or business market.
So we offer practical session at IST Power plant after completion of live interactive online classroom session .In this approach a trainees can fulfill his/her knowledge in a very effective way and time.
We offer project-based blended learning experiences that promote academic and career success for Technical Education.
1. Cell Selection - Ah testing
2. Charging Discharging test
3. Battery Pack Construction - Install cell holder
4. Cells Spot Welding
5. BMS Selection and Connection (as per System Design)
6. Pack testing & Data Evaluation
7. Battery Pack Casing
8. Battery Pack Leveling
9. Battery Pack Boxing
Teaching and Learning Material
IST have dedicated online library (IST E-Library) facility for students and stored all Learning Material (E-book, class recording, business releated documents) at IST E-Library.
IST E Library System provides access to more than 100 + e-books covering all fields of knowledge, e.g. BOS,PV Cell, System Design, O&M, Installation, Project Management etc and also we have a huge collection of national and international journals, case studies, research papers.Student can access this E-library for self study.
For Entrepreneurs, Startups:
Minimum Educational Qualifications: 12th Pass
Minimum age 18 years, No Upper Age bar
Dedicated Service Desk for Startups - EDP Desk
"Ringfenced resource to support your business".
GATE Trust dedicated service desk will provide you with access to a group of engineers, advisors to supporting you and your business needs.
Certificate will be Awarded by
Institute of Solar Technology, A Unit of Global Advanced Training & Educational Trust, Regd. under NCT New Delhi, Govt. of India
Lithium solar batteries are the best at storing energy for solar systems. They are more efficient, charge faster, do not require maintenance, and last significantly longer.
Lithium ion batteries have become more popular for solar installations than lead acid batteries because they have a longer lifespan, can store more energy, and are more efficient.
To setup Lithium-ion Battery pack for residential rooftop solar application, solar street light, outdoor light, registered this course. You will learn all about Lithium chemistry, Cell, Module and Pack level test, battery design and battery assembly with Hands-on Practical, total technical and commercial detail, detail of raw materials and machine suppliers, so that you can start Lithium-ion battery making.
This course will deliver from basics of Solar Energy storage Lithium-ion battery, Battery pack assembly process and equipment, raw materials, Machinery availability & vendor selection, Understanding Finance Basics & Business Model.
A brief discussion of Lithium Batteries Applications opportunity in small scale lithium-ion battery pack space.
- Lithium Batteries Truly Effective for Solar Applications
- Are lithium solar batteries the best for solar panels?
- Significant benefits of Lithium-ion Battery
- All-in-one Lithium Battery and Solar Inverter - for solar home systems
- Solar street light battery
A brief classification of li Ion cell technology and its electro-chemistry. Advantage and disadvantages of over different cell technologies.
- BATTERY ENERGY STORAGE SYSTEM (BESS)
- Relationship between Power and Energy
- Energy storage capacity
- Type of Battery / Cell
- Lithium-ion cells Cathode and Anode Materials
- Type of Lithium-ion Cell
- Main characteristics of lithium cell chemistry types
- Comparison of Lithium-ion Chemistries
- Safer battery materials
- Indian Li-ion Battery manufacturers
Know your Lithium-ion Cells, Cell Specifications & Performance Parameters. Classification of li-Ion cell technology and its electro-chemistry. Advantages and disadvantages of over different cell technologies
- Capacity, Capacity Retention
- Rated Voltage and Operating Voltage
- cell Datasheet
- Working voltage, Self –discharge voltage
- Continuous current and Peak Current
- Constant voltage / constant current(CVCC)
- C-rate, c-rate effects
- State of Charge (SOC)
- Li-ion Battery Voltage vs SoC
- State of Health (SOH)
- State of power (SOP)
- Internal resistance
- Depth of Discharge (DoD)
- Cycle life of Li-ion batteries
- Lithium Batteries Degradation
- Lithium Ion Battery Failure Modes
- Battery Thermal Runway
- Degrade of Battery Pack cycle
An industry detail of Li-ion battery cells, covering the most popular sizes, formats, and chemistries. Given the diversity of Li-ion cells available, the focus is on cylindrical and prismatic cells in metal cases. A brief discussion on li-ion cell chemistry, Cell Anode, Cathode, Electrolytes, binder and Separators materials
- Cell Chemistry Trends
- Cell Anode and Cathode materials
- Cathode Metal Composition
- Active Material, Inactive Material, SEI formation
- Dendrite growth
A brief discussion on insights into architecture, design and manufacture of electrodes for lithium-ion cell, Cell Anode, Cathode, Electrolytes, binder and Separators materials.
- This chapter investigates the effects of electrode thickness, porosity, pore size and particle size at the electrode level.
- Architecture design and manufacturing processes for high-performing lithium-ion batteries
- Lithium ion battery Basic Structure
- Cell components
- Anode, Cathode, Electrolytes and Separators materials
- CID, PTC, Safety Vent, Gasket, Plastic Parts
- RAW MATERIALS TO SUBCOMPONENTS
- Common sizes of cylindrical Li-ions
This chapter identified analyses and approaches that engineers should consider when they design a battery thermal management system. A brief discussion on Thermal Design of Battery Pack.
- Thermal runaway of Battery Pack
- Anode active material failure mechanism
- Cathode active material failure mechanism
- Electrolyte failure mechanism
- Separatore failure mechanism
- Current collector failure mechanism
- Required Functions of Thermal Design
- Low temperature effects
- High temperature effects
- Modes and Function of Battery Thermal Management Systems
- Air Cooling System
- Liquid Cooling System
- PCM material cooling system
Learn the high-level basics of what role battery management systems (BMSs) play in power design and what components are necessary for their basic functions.
- What the BMS does for battery?
- Function of BMS - Safety, Performance, Longevity, Consistence, Temperature Monitoring and control
- Type of BMS
- Cell Balancing
- Real Time Operating System of BMS
- Example of BMS Wiring Diagram
- How we can select perfect BMS for your battery pack?
Battery pack differ in size, geometry, and individual cell parameters as capacity and supplied power. A brief discussion on li-ion cell selection, BMS selection for different types of battery.
- Design Considerations of Battery Pack
- Cell Selection
- BMS Selection, Thermal Selection
- High Voltage Side Design
- Low Voltage Side Design
A battery pack consists of cells connected and made into modules, and modules connected into series and parallel connections to suffice the overall load requirements. A brief discussion of different sizes of battery pack used for electric vehicle & energy storage.
- How to make a Battery Pack?
- The basic calculations that are used in battery design
- Battery pack Technical Specification
- Battery pack designing
- Battery Module and Battery Pack Construction Methods
- Cylindrical and Prismatic Battery Pack
A brief discussion of battery module/pack making equipment/accessories. Trainees can learn how to make battery modules and Pack.
Battery Pack Accessories
- Material need to assemble battery Modules & pack
- Wires, connector selection, heat shrink, cell holder
- Different types of accessories related to battery pack construction
Battery Module & Pack MakingBattery module / Cell block assembly process
- Supply and testing of battery cells & sorting
- Cleaning of cells (plasma cleaning)
- Stacking of modules to form cell block
- Module Formation, Spot Welding, Laser welding
- Thermal management - Application of glue,
- Insertion of cells in modules- Pre-assembly
- Busbar installation
- Module BMS integration, Testing
- Screw fitting of battery module housing
- Integration of cell block in pack
- Application of temperature conductive paste
- Screw fitting of battery housing (housing substructure + housing upper structure)
- Flashing of modules
- Leak testing (helium)
- EOL testing (source-drain)
- Insulation test
- Failure test
Battery cell testing helps develop better electric vehicle batteries that pack more power density to give longer range performance. Batteries go through an acceptance inspection before they are put together into modules and packs.
- Cell, Module and Pack industry slandered Test
- Testing Equipments and Lab
A brief knowledge of Battery Pack Assembly Line development, required machinery details (manual, semi-auto and automatic production line), national & international vendors contact details, required lenience and documents, Financial Report.
Battery Pack Assembly Line
- Manufacturing process of battery pack
- Safety Considerations for BMS (Thermal Runaway, Short Circuit Detection etc)
- Functional Safety Overview
- Brief discussion about different machineries used in manufacturing
- Flow chart of assembly process of li ion battery pack
- Technical details of manufacturing machineries
Battery Pack Assembly Line Development
- Li-ion Battery Assembly Line
- Assembly Machinery and Functional Specifications
- Different size of Module and Pack
- List of Vendors of Raw materials and Machinery supplier
Financial Projection of Li-ion battery pack Manufacturing
- Cost analysis of different machineries and manpower requirements
- Return of Investment (ROI) of li ion battery pack business
- Business projection to start a li ion battery pack business
A business guide and motivation session for startups, entrepreneurs on Lithium-ion Battery Pack Assembly business and Battery Swaping business.
Future trends in Energy Storage Battery and Customized Battery
- Energy Storage Battery Solar Street Light Battery, Outdoor Battery
- Industrial Energy Storage Battery
- Customized Battery -
Customized solution on demand for Consumer electronics, Smart Home Appliance - Floor Cleaner, Vacuum Cleaner, Smart Door Lock, Smart Camera, Home Light, Smart Lamp, drown battery etc
Trends in Indian electric vehicle domain
- 2 wheeler and 3 wheeler battery market
- Wireless charging of EV
- Battery swap technology
Business Model/Case Study
- What is the size of the EV market in India?
- Govt. Policies and Regulations
- Business models,
- Choose best product/item as per your planing
- Battery swapping,
- Cell Selection - Ah testing, IR testing
- Charging Discharging test, cell balancing
- Battery Pack Construction
- Module/Pack Spot Welding
- BMS Selection and Connection (as per System Design)
- Pack testing
- Battery Pack Casing
- Battery Pack Leveling
- Battery Pack Boxing
Indian candidates Fees
Registration Fee pay to Head Office
Training Fee pay to our Branch after registration
For online class, Fees Pay to Head Office
Foreign Candidates FeesCourse Fee: $ 450 USD
After Discount, Course Fee: $ 383 USD
All Fees Excluding 18% GST
Submit Registeration for this course:
Admission & Learning Process
- Submit Registration
- Admission cell will check form data and they will inform you to pay Course fees
- Deposit Course fees
- Admission cell will send your E-registration certificate and E-library access
- Training cell will send you class schedule
- Study options:
- 2 Month (1 month in-house Technical and commercial class and onside practical, 1 month project work)
- For working Professionals: 2 Months (1 month weekend in-house Technical and commercial class and onside practical, 1 month project work)
- For online Live class: 2 Months (1 month online Technical and commercial class at night 8PM to 10PM (IST) and 1 month project work)
- Training cell inform you about practical session at the end of theory class session
- Exam cell will conduct online examination and send E-Certificate, E-marksheet
- EDP Desk will provide business guide/support for you
1. An Autonomous Institute registered under NCT, Govt. of India under Indian Trust Act.
2. Registered Under NGO-DARPAN, NITI Aayog Govt. of India
3. ISO 9001:2015 registered Educational Trust
4. Certificate can APOSTILLE from Ministry of External Affairs, Govt. of India to get job abroad India.
5. Training Provider of NIESBUD, Govt. of India (2016)
6. Organisational Member of Solar Energy Society of India, (the Indian Section of the International Solar Energy Society (ISES))
7. Academic Partner of University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (2020)
8. Institute of Solar Technology Registered under Intellectual Property India, Govt. of India
9. Registered under 80G and 12A and CSR Act, Govt. of India
10. Awarded Full Accreditation by International Accreditation Organization (IOA) for global education standards.
11. Fully organised Practical and Research Lab at GATE Trust Howrah, West Bengal
12. GATE Research - Research unit of Global Advanced Training and Educational Trust. You can Write & Publish a Review/Research paper,
Quick Inquiry Form