Advanced Certificate in MW Solar Project
Amid myriad policy and project execution issues, India's utility-scale solar park model has firmly stood its ground. India is now home to several ‘ultra-mega solar parks’ with capacities of more than 1GW. In 2015 the target was raised to 100 GW of solar capacity (including 60 GW from Utility solar) by 2022. Large Scale PV solar power plants need Technical knowledge as well as a strong aspect of financial analysis and modelling.
Today, anyone can set-up a solar power plant with a capacity of 1KW to 1MW on your land or rooftop spaces. Install solar power in megawatt scale, generate electricity and sell to utility or for captive consumption.
Successful deployment of solar PV generation must include thoughtful design that considers the immediate challenges of rapid and repeated implementation while selecting from a vast range of suppliers and ensuring the greatest efficiency, operability and value for the long term.
This course will enable the participants to effectively work on design, establishment and management of solar utility scale power projects. The successful candidates shall have vast opportunities in getting wider knowledge in the areas of concept development & feasibility study, site identification, feasibility study, detailed system design, engineering, construction & commercial operation, operational performance monitoring of solar MW power projects, financial aspects of the solar power plant like DPR,DSCR,ROI,CUF estimation and CAPEX ,OPEX modelling. This course will be of great interest for business owners/New entrepreneur who are interested to business in solar power.
Live Interactive Classes::
IST Live Interactive Class, where students and teachers meet together at schedule class time with whiteboard, voice and live video, Lectures and Question answer occur at the same hour.
Our expert faculty members take session on each paper that is delivered through live sessions. These sessions are joined by students from India and Abroad. Trainers will discuss in each class session about Key concepts, whiteboard calculation, design, costing, documentation, case studies and real life examples. Students also get chance to clarify their doubts / academic clarifications. If by any chance you miss these live classes, don't worry, each class recorded sessions are uploaded in the IST E-Library/LMS.
We know that only theoretical knowledge by online or virtual classes are not sufficient to get full expertise. An individual needs a practical exposure to flourish in a Job or business market.
So we offer practical session at IST Power plant after completion of live interactive online classroom session .In this approach a trainees can fulfill his/her knowledge in a very effective way and time.
We offer project-based blended learning experiences that promote academic and career success for Technical Education.
1. Installer Personal Safety awareness and practice
2. Solar Resource Assessment
3. Installation Location Selection
4. Rooftop PV Solar Plant Panel Installation
5. Inverter Installation
6. AC DC line Electrical Connection
7. Plant Switch on
8. Plant Shutdown
9. Plant Operations and Maintenance (O&M)
10. Customer safety Guide
Teaching and Learning Material
IST have dedicated online library (IST E-Library) facility for students and stored all Learning Material (E-book, class recording, business releated documents) at IST E-Library.
IST E Library System provides access to more than 100 + e-books covering all fields of knowledge, e.g. BOS,PV Cell, System Design, O&M, Installation, Project Management etc and also we have a huge collection of national and international journals, case studies, research papers.Student can access this E-library for self study.
For Entrepreneurs, Startups:
Minimum Educational Qualifications: 12th Pass
Minimum age 18 years, No Upper Age bar
Dedicated Service Desk for Startups - EDP Desk
"Ringfenced resource to support your business".
GATE Trust dedicated service desk will provide you with access to a group of engineers, advisors to supporting you and your business needs.
Certificate will be Awarded by
Institute of Solar Technology, A Unit of Global Advanced Training & Educational Trust, Regd. under NCT New Delhi, Govt. of India
Start Solar Businesses and Earn Profit in MillionsYou can start businesses related to the solar sector which promises a very good profit in return. If you want to start a business, then you can start new business options related to solar in this article which can offer you good earning as well as profit.
Learn about business opportunities in Residential, Public Sector, Commercial and Industry, how you will prepare your technical team to fulfill customer requirement.
- Global and Indian Energy Scenario
- Solar PV forecast 2040
- net-zero CO₂ emissions in 2050
- India's rooftop solar market
- State Energy Policy,
Basic of Electricity – this unit mainly for those who are coming from non-technical background.
- Basics of electricity
- Types of energy
- Basics of electricity - Electricity, Current, Voltage
- Resistance, Inductor, Capacitor
- Ohm's Law, Measurement Units, Power, Energy
- Insulators and Conductors
- DC power, AC Power, Electrical Term
- Electric Circuit - Short Circuit, Open Circuit, Series circuit
- Parallel Circuit, Mixed Circuit
- Identification, Selection and Measuring Instrument
- Cable and Wire
- Color coding of wires, Solar Cable
- Measuring AC/DC Voltage, Current, Resistance, Continuity
A brief discussion of PV Cell technology, PV Module/Panel, Technical Specification, Best Module selection.
- Physic of Photovoltaic System
- Semiconductor, Silicon Semiconductor
- Phosphorus, Boron, N-type Silicon, P-type Silicon
- Formation of Solar Cell, p-n junctions
- PV Cell to PV Module Formation
- Modules combination - Series & Parallel combination
- Module Circuit
- Design of PV Module - Front Surface, Encapsulate, Rear Surface, Frame
- Working Process of PV Module
- Photoelectric Effect, Photon's Energy
- Output of a Solar cell - DC Current, Voltage
- Technical Specification - Electrical Specification - STC
- Pmax, Vmp, Voc, Imp, Isc, Different Wp PV Module Datasheet
- Calculate OCPD, Module Fill Factor, Efficiency, Maximum System Voltage
- Series & Parallel Wiring, Maximum Series Fuse, Diodes in PV Array
- PV Module datasheet understanding
- Understanding PV Module technical parameters
- Voltage and Current variation
- Solar cell fill factor calculation
- Calculate Panel Efficiency
- Electrical Characteristics, Thermal Characteristics, Mechanical Characteristics
To develop solar power plant, solar resource assessment is very important to prepare energy generation prediction, return of investment calculation. Understand project site available solar resources and justify plant system, appropriate location, MMS angle and many more.
- Solar Resource
- Solar Irradiance, Insolation,
- Solar Radiation
- PSI, Sun Path
- Tilt Angle
- Solar Angle, Calculate Altitude Angle
- Azimuth Angle
- Calculate Optimum Tilt Angle
A brief discussion on all related equipment like MMS, AJB, Cable, Connectors, Battery, CC, Inverter etc.
- Balance of System
- AC Cables
- AC Distribution Boards
- AC Isolator
- Array Junction Boxes(AJB)
- Batteries (optional, usually found only in small rooftop plants)
- DC Cables
- DC Distribution Boards
- Earthling Kit
- Lightning Protection
- Surge Protection Devices
- Trackers (optional, usually found only in ground mounted plants) Single-axis Dual-axis
A brief discussion of Public, Commercial and Industry Sector solar rooftop project – availability, requirement, benefits and business opportunities of RTMW project. How you can get Commercial and Industry Sector solar rooftop project and Megawatt Solar Power Plant Design.
- Understand Financial benefits for your customer
- Understand DISCOM electric charges in depth
- Electric tariff rate analysis
- Calculation to save electric bill 50%, 70% or 80%
- Prepare Financial benefit Projection for your customer
- MW Solar Power Plant Design Calculation
- Project site consideration
- Govt. Policy for Solar Project
- Online & offline Project Pre-feasibility Study
- Calculation of MW system
- MW Solar Power Plant Software Simulation
- PV Simulation Software
- Equipment Selection & calculation
- Project Estimate, costing
A brief discussion of MW Solar Project Document – pre-feasibility, feasibility study, DPR, ROI.
- MW Project Documentation
- Project feasibility Study
- Detail Project Report (DPR) Making
- Return of Investment (ROI) calculation
A brief knowledge of vendor selection, project risk assessment, project site management, safety of workers.
- Project Assessment
- Project Permitting
- Negotiating with a solar company
- Vendor Selection
- Client Presentation
- Risk assessment
- PPA negotiation
- Project Site Management
- Safety for workers and equipment
- Project Flow chart
- Installation of Solar Power plant
- Operation and Maintenance of solar power plant
- Legal Aspects of Entrepreneurship, Intellectual property rights (IPR)
- MNRE Policy
- Business Model
- Installer Personal Safety awareness and practice
- Solar Resource Assessment
- Installation Location Selection
- Rooftop PV Solar Plant Panel Installation
- Inverter Installation
- AC DC line Electrical Connection
- Plant Switch on, Plant Shutdown
- Plant Operations and Maintenance (O&M)
- Customer safety Guide
Online Live Class Fees: Rs. 16,999/-
Discount on Live Class Fees = 15%
Pay Live class Fee Rs. 14449
Hands on Practical Fees: Rs. 2,999/
All Fees Excluding 18% GST
If you are interested to join at Practical session, we will inform you and pay Hands on Practical Fees at that time.
Pay Now Online Live Class Fees only.
Submit Registeration for this course:
- Submit Registration
- IST Admission cell will check form data and they will inform you to pay Course fees
- Deposit Course fees
- Admission cell will send your E-registration certificate and E-library access
- Training cell will send you class schedule
- Trainiers Team will send your class link
- Training cell inform you about practical session at the end of Online live class session
- Exam cell will conduct online examination and send E-Certificate, E-marksheet
- EDP Desk will provide business guide/support for you (https://edpdesk.gatetrust.org )
1. An Autonomous Institute registered under NCT, Govt. of India under Indian Trust Act.
2. Registered Under NGO-DARPAN, NITI Aayog Govt. of India
3. ISO 9001:2015 registered Educational Trust
4. Certificate can APOSTILLE from Ministry of External Affairs, Govt. of India to get job abroad India.
5. Training Provider of NIESBUD, Govt. of India (2016)
6. Organisational Member of Solar Energy Society of India, (the Indian Section of the International Solar Energy Society (ISES))
7. Academic Partner of University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (2020)
8. Institute of Solar Technology Registered under Intellectual Property India, Govt. of India
9. Registered under 80G and 12A and CSR Act, Govt. of India
10. Awarded Full Accreditation by International Accreditation Organization (IOA) for global education standards.
11. Fully organised Practical and Research Lab at GATE Trust Howrah, West Bengal
12. GATE Research - Research unit of Global Advanced Training and Educational Trust. You can Write & Publish a Review/Research paper,